This is such a great deal and I am really excited to share it with you. American Tea Room is offering free shipping today (February 5) only on any tea order. As I am staring out my window, watching even more snow fall, I am so very thankful for the hot cuppa of tea that I have next to me.
Here are a few of my suggestions for buying with this deal today:
My favorite is Immortal Green, a blend of green sencha tea with peaches, marigolds, and passion fruit. It smells and tastes heavenly from the moment you open the package. It is one of their top sellers, you just can't go wrong with this tea.
Named for the region outside Taipei that is is grown in, Dong-Ding Oolong Tea is best described as buttery smoothness. The leaves are shiny and tightly rolled giving off a floral and fresh aroma. Watching the tea leaves infuse in your cup, you can see them unfurl into three-leaf sets. The first infusion gives you a tea that is intensely yellow with a hint of green. It is described as tasting of fresh cream, orchids, gardenias, and a hint of vanilla sweetness with a light astringency.
For the evening I enjoy a good herbal tea and I had the chance of trying Shangri*LA recently. It is a hibiscus blend tea with roses, currants, and forest berries. It gives you a deep scarlet red tea in your cup and is absolutely delicious. Definitely transports me out of the winter wonderland we have going on here.
Hope these suggestions have you ready to do some shopping of your own. Remember you can get free shipping today with any order today. Perfect for stocking up or trying something new. Visit American Tea Room and get Free Shipping on every order, with code SHOWLOVE.
Tea is definitely a year round beverage, but there is just something about winter and the holidays that calls for more tea. Which makes it perfect for all of the tea lovers on your shopping list! I have put together my top picks and created the 2013 Tea Lovers Gift Guide to make your shopping easy.
- Teavana Tea Gift Set- This tea gift set has just about everything that the special person on your list will need for making a great cup of tea. It comes in a lovely gift box containing four loose leaf teas (Sakura Allure Green Tea, Strawberry Lemonade herbal tea, Matevana, and Rooibos Chai Tea) in reusable tea tins, a tin of German rock sugar, a PerfecTea teaspoon, and a PerfecTea maker. Just add hot water! This gift makes over 60 cups of tea.
- Chocolate Trio Gift Box Set - Tea and chocolate are such a great pairing that this gift set is able to offer two chocolate infused teas! An added bonus is this is one of my favorite places to get loose leaf tea and it is hard to go wrong with anything there.
- Every loose leaf tea drinker can use an infuser mug. It is a daily used staple in my house. I love this Turquoise Curve Tea Mug with infuser. It has an included stainless steel infuser with fine mesh for those really small tea leaves. Plus the lid flips over for the infuser to rest in when your tea is done steeping. Very handy to get those second and third infusions from your tea!
- Steeping a great cup of tea involves two things. High quality tea and bringing water to the perfect temperature. This Breville Variable Temperature Tea Kettle is perfect. Add water and push a button for either green tea, white tea, oolong tea, black tea, or coffee (perfect for your french press!) and it does the rest. It will even keep the water at the right temperature for 20 minutes.
- A Tea Set. This Noble Poppy Bone China tea set is absolutely stunning to me and would brighten up any kitchen. It comes with the teapot, four cups and four saucers - great for inviting over some friends for tea.
Tell me what is on your tea wish list this year. I would love to know!
Tea drinkers take heart! There are some Cyber Monday deals for you too. Here are the Teavana Cyber Monday Deals that will have you saving money and sipping some really great loose tea just in time for the winter months.
Shop today Monday November 28 until 11:59pm EST and Get $10 OFF any $50 or more purchase & FREE Sample & Gift at Teavana.com! Coupon Code: 10OFF50. The free gift is a Mari tea tin, perfect for gift giving. Need some suggestions on what to get? Here are a few:
This loose leaf tea steeper makes a perfect cup of tea every time. Just add tea leaves and hot water then allow to steep. When done place it over your mug and it will strain the tea right into your cup.
This tea set comes with everything that someone will need to start enjoying loose tea immediately. It has the Perfect Teamaker, 4 teas (My Morning Mate, Strawberry Lemonade herbal tea, Fruta Bomba green tea, and Rooibos Chai tea), German rock sugar, a PerfecTea Teaspoon, and 4 airtight tea tins. It is all packaged in a gift box. There is enough tea to make 60 cups of tea.
While you are shopping pick up a new tea to try for yourself. One of Teavana's most popular teas is their White Ayurvedic Chai Tea. It is a chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.
Shop today to receive these Cyber Monday savings!
With all the tragedy and heartbreak that Japan has faced following the massive earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster there is even more the country must deal with. Radiation has been affecting their food crops, including Japanese tea production.
From an article in the San Francisco Chronicle here is the latest news:
The government decided yesterday to curb shipments of dried tea leaves containing more than 500 becquerel per kilogram of radioactive cesium and ordered a halt in shipments from the eastern prefectures of Ibaraki, Chiba, Kanagawa and Tochigi where tainted produce was detected. Japan's tea production, including fresh and dried leaves, was worth 102.1 billion yen ($1.3 billion) in 2009, according to the agriculture ministry.
The decision came after Shizuoka prefecture, Japan's largest growing region representing about 40 percent of total output, declared its green tea was safe. Governor Heita Kawakatsu said last month tests on fresh leaves and drinks showed they contained cesium amounts well below the government levels. Still, cesium levels in dried leaves could be about five times higher than fresh leaves, said Yasuo Sasaki, senior press counselor at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
"The new regulation may spur shipment restrictions from Shizuoka prefecture, slashing supplies and boosting prices of green teas," Sasaki said today in a telephone interview. "Higher prices could spur consumers to shift from green tea to cheaper alternatives such as barley tea or oolong tea."
This is a topic I want to stay in touch with as Japanese sencha tea is one of my favorites. I will keep you posted to news as I come across it.
Mother Nature has been teasing us here in Michigan with some summer like days. Which has lead to drinking iced tea by the pitcher. Which got me to thinking that I may want to invest in a new iced tea pitcher for when summer is actually here.
My requirements are something easy to use and something that is made for brewing loose leaf iced tea. I came up with a couple of possibilities.
Easter (April 24) is just around the corner and Mother's Day (May 8 ) is not far behind that. If you are looking for the perfect gift, then American Tea Room just may be able to help you out. They have offering 10% off on all teas and teacups today through Saturday (4/9/2011).
How about this pretty infuser mug for Mom?
Red and Pink Floral Tea Cup with Infuser
Or this set of 4 mugs inscribed with poems in black kanji and hiragana calligraphy:
Poem Tea Cup Set
Use code TEA10 when checking out in order to receive 10% off. Hurry because this offer is only good for the next few days.